- Police Department
- Career Opportunities
Come Join Our Team
The Aubrey Police Department is actively recruiting for Police Officers to serve our growing communities. As a regional provider of law enforcement services, the Aubrey Police Department provides professional police officers for the city of Aubrey, the city of Providence Village and three major subdivisions in our extra territorial jurisdiction (ETJ). Our staff is currently serving a diverse population of 20,000 that is expected to continue to grow significantly over the next few years.
We are located in the Northeast section of Denton County, just north of the 380 corridor. We are experiencing significant housing development, along with the commercial growth to support our new citizens and neighbors. Our mission is to provide a safe community for our citizens, businesses, and visitors, and we are looking for professional people to be a part of our future.
As a Police Recruit, the Aubrey Police Department will be sending you to attend a police academy under the rules and regulations established for such attendance by the department and the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). Upon successful completion of the police academy, we will train you and provide you with all the equipment and support you will need to be a successful part of our growing team.
- Be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Be fingerprinted and undergo state, local, and national criminal records check,
- Not be on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense.
- Not have been convicted of a Class B misdemeanor or above within the last ten (10) years.
- Not have been convicted of any prior felonies.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be able to pass a thorough, comprehensive background investigation and interview.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Must pass Standard & Associates Police Officer Selection Test (study guides available at www.applytoserve.com/study ).
- Must pass a fitness assessment consisting of either the 2000m row, 500m row, or 4-minute row tests.
- Must pass state medical, psychological, and drug testing requirements.
- Not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions.
- Have an insurable driving record according to the city’s insurance policy.
- Have no prior DWI convictions.
- Not have left employment with any agency under less than honorable conditions.
- Must hold a Texas Peace Officer’s license through TCOLE prior to participation in any law enforcement duties.
- Be truthful in responses in their application and personal history statement. Any false statement made by the applicant shall be grounds for immediate rejection or termination if discovered after the date of hire.
- Starting Salary of $58,300 (including holiday pay) – Recruit (Non-Sworn) Officer
- Starting Salary of $68,900 (including holiday pay) – Sworn Officer
- Lateral Entry available (DOQ)
- Take Home Car Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Longevity Pay
- Certification Pay (Intermediate $1,500 / Advanced $2,100 / Master $2,700)
- Participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (7% with a 2:1 city match)
- 100% Medical Insurance Paid for Employee (Competitive Dependent Coverage)
We look forward to meeting you and discussing our future together. If you have questions please give us a call at the number below or visit our webpage . We will be happy to talk with you about this opportunity.